The Supportive Anaesthesia Trainee-Lead Audit and Research Network was established in 2015. Our principal aims are:
- To establish a national network of anaesthetic trainees who conduct high quality research and audit.
- To provide opportunities for all New Zealand anaesthetic trainees to initiate and contribute to research and audit projects.
- To allow anaesthetic trainees to continue their involvement in research and audit projects when moving between departments, hospital and regions.
- To provide accessible and appropriate training and mentoring in research and audit for anaesthetic trainees.
- To develop a sustainable infrastructure that continues beyond the term of any individual trainee or executive committee.
- To attract national funding for research and audit work.
Trainee-lead research networks provide opportunities for lasting professional benefits to their membership. We strongly advocate for overcoming the practical challenges posed by multicentre audit and research through collective action and support from experienced researchers within the network. If you are interested in getting involved, then please check out Getting Involved or get in touch via email@example.com.